Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 13, 2012
I added some “fur” to the wolf.  I wanted to balance some of the sienna color from the middle of the drawing.  Then, I had to think…  wolf… hunter… eerier looking woods… little red riding hood!  So, she appears running from the woods to what she thinks is Grandma’s house… but it is in another house…  oh well… a little more fantasy to this piece.  I then looked at the other side of the panel which was pretty bare.  There seemed to be a theme of “hands” developing, so I added one on an arm to “hug”.
-        - Nan Fuhrman

February 13, 2012
I guess I needed to soften some of the colors.  I did that up in the right upper corner and I tried to bring in some more blues to the top edge.  The bubbles feel lighter to me now.  All the yellows took me away from the sea, so I felt the need to contrast the yellowy waves with blue background.  Sorry, Joan, I began work on your face…just a little.
-         Nan Fuhrman


February 14th , 2012
Becky and I went for balance and connection in the colors. In general, we felt the painting needed more blues, greens and purples, but we also like the excitement and surprise of red so I enlarged the ball and deepened it’s red. I also added more red to the fish.
Becky added a mouth and eye to the large fish and continued the wave to the lower right of the canvas. We worked a lot on the waves, giving them more depth and we would like to see more purple in the canvas. We had a lot of fun and look forward to seeing how the painting changes when we return next week.
        Ann Bolster and Rebecca Salzinger




No comments:

Post a Comment