Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 
Hi, I’m the next artist.  I looked at the drawing as if it were a Rorschach test, and let it speak to me.  Wanting to bring out spatial depth, contrast, and negative/positive space within the vast expanse, I tried to drive a feeling of whoosh and movement across the “sky” above the hint of horizon, to start

horizontally unifying the composition.  Tried not to let it get too weird, but I did put in the tiny people, the fish, the hands, and I made the “cloud” a “creature.”  The left wave of existing tone suggested a wolf to me. Drawing him suddenly felt primal. I was at one with the cave painters--and with Marc Chagall!  Who knows if cave paintings were individual or group efforts, but welcome to our local, mystical cave!
– Nancy Abeles

No comments:

Post a Comment