Monday, February 6, 2012

Sunday, February 05, 2012
Starting out on this huge panel is very intimidating, but I gathered my courage and gave it a shot!  I went for a composition with strong diagonals to lead your eye across the panel.  I loosely borrowed building shapes from “View of Cannes, Evening”.  The composition is very simplistic, but I think as we all put in our different style, the simplicity will be an advantage.  If anyone has a more inspiring way to start, I will not be insulted if you want to start over.  Have fun!    Debbie 

Sunday, February 5, 2012
Thanks for the great start Sara.  Since both of our styles are very geometric, it was easy for me to expand on your shapes.  I tried to introduce some depth and more pattern.  I think artists with a softer style will be able to add subtlety once we get into the painting phase.
    
 – Debbie Wallace


Monday, February 06, 2012
I’m a realist painter by nature and so in thinking about what I wanted to add that was personal, I drew my face in a distorted style, so far, just in pencil. If I get to paint it, I think I’d do it in shades of gray to contrast with what I think the rest of the canvas will look like. It’s a little disconcerting to have such a huge canvas facing me. I’m curious to see how everyone’s palettes will blend OR NOT! 

– Joan Mazer




No comments:

Post a Comment